There are tons of auto awards ceremonies out there, from Kelley Blue Book to IIHS to U.S. News & World Report. But this year, there’s even more auto honors. For the first time, the New York Daily News Auto Awards honored the best vehicles, and Mazda took home tons of wins.
In fact, New York Daily News gave Mazda more awards than any other car manufacturer. These award-winning cars were chosen by a panel of nine distinguished automotive journalists. They were given just one clear direction: “Within each category, rank the vehicle in the order that you would recommend them to your family members, friends, and co-workers.”
New York Daily News opines that the vehicles chosen are the best ones you can buy today. So, here are the honors Mazda earned:
2016 Mazda MX-5 – Fun Car Winner
2016 Mazda3 – Small Car Winner
2016 Mazda6 – Family Car Winner
2016 Mazda CX-3 – SUV Winner
2016 Mazda CX-5 – Small SUV Winner
Congratulations, Mazda! Check out these cars today to see just why they got the honor of being the very first cars awarded by New York Daily News.
Most of us drivers out there have a clear preference between automatic and manual transmission. But, if you’re having trouble choosing to drive stick shift because it’s difficult, here are some benefits of manual transmission that make it worthwhile.
- Better fuel economy – A lot of gas can be saved when driving a stick shift. A manual transmission can increase your fuel efficiency by 5 mpg, which is a pretty big deal in the long-run.
- Less expensive – A manual transmission is less expensive in a lot of ways. They’re typically cheaper to maintain and clutches rarely need to be replaced.
- Decreases distraction – When you’re driving stick, it needs your full attention. So you won’t get as easily distracted and therefore, you end up driving safer!
- Less likely to get stolen – Since most people don’t know how to drive manual, it’s highly unlikely that you will ever be the victim of car theft.
- It’s fun – Plain and simple, it’s fun! Stick shifts give you more control over your car so you can feel more involved. Plus, faster acceleration can make you feel like a race car driver.
Come check out our manual Mazdas today!