Most of us drivers out there have a clear preference between automatic and manual transmission. But, if you’re having trouble choosing to drive stick shift because it’s difficult, here are some benefits of manual transmission that make it worthwhile.
- Better fuel economy – A lot of gas can be saved when driving a stick shift. A manual transmission can increase your fuel efficiency by 5 mpg, which is a pretty big deal in the long-run.
- Less expensive – A manual transmission is less expensive in a lot of ways. They’re typically cheaper to maintain and clutches rarely need to be replaced.
- Decreases distraction – When you’re driving stick, it needs your full attention. So you won’t get as easily distracted and therefore, you end up driving safer!
- Less likely to get stolen – Since most people don’t know how to drive manual, it’s highly unlikely that you will ever be the victim of car theft.
- It’s fun – Plain and simple, it’s fun! Stick shifts give you more control over your car so you can feel more involved. Plus, faster acceleration can make you feel like a race car driver.
Come check out our manual Mazdas today!