Hop in your new Mazda vehicle and start exploring the McKinney, TX area. There are tons of holiday events near McKinney for you and your family, whether you’re looking for an adventure or simply a fun way to relax. There’s truly something for everyone when it comes to holiday celebrations.
According to Event Brite, one of the top local events is the Golden Corridor’s Christmas Dinner Party. Held at the Heritage Ranch and Golf Country Club on December 9th at 6:30pm, this dinner party is a gala you won’t want to miss. There will be a range of activities and celebrations for a fancy evening.
There’s also an upcoming McKinney Christmas celebration at the end of November called the Home for the Holidays event. Held from November 24th to 26th, this event will feature a visit from Santa, a tree lighting ceremony, live entertainment, food, a petting zoo, and more. There will even be a Ferris wheel for everyone to ride.
Finally, check out the Rudolph Run 5k and 1-Mile Fun Run on December 2nd. From 7am to 11am, there will be a 5k, as well as a non-competitive 1-mile run. There are multiple divisions for those of various ages and skill levels, and the event will be in nearby Allen, TX.
These are just some of the fun holiday events we at El Dorado Mazda can’t wait to attend.
Come to the historic 14-block downtown area of McKinney, Texas for Home for the Holidays, November 24-26. This annual Christmas celebration is in its 37th year, and will provide fun and festive activities for the whole family. Kick off the beginning of the holiday season with the rest of the community and with neighbors from the surrounding area.
You can expect to be entertained and filled with holiday cheer. On the evening of first day of the festival (Friday, November 24th), a 34-foor Christmas tree will be lit in the city’s square, so bring your family out to see it and take plenty of pictures.
The weekend festival will also feature live traditional Christmas music, dancing, and local arts, crafts, and food vendors to shop from. The festival has a wealth of activities for children, including visits with Santa, costumed characters that are sure to bring a smile to children’s faces, arts and crafts, and a petting zoo. There will even be a Ferris wheel and a carousel to boost everyone’s spirits.
Admission is free and there will be plenty of convenient public parking surrounding the festival. We at El Dorado Mazda hope to see you at McKinney’s Home for the Holidays!
Your kids have had their Halloween costumes picked out for the past year, but you still have no idea what you are going to be. For a great costume, team up with your significant other and try one of these Halloween costumes for couples.
- Robin Hood. Show off your love by dressing as Robin Hood and Maid Marian. Make sure to add a bow and arrow so everyone knows who you are.
- Jack and Jill. We all know what happens at the end of this nursey rhyme. Dress as a battered Jack and Jill and don’t forget your pails.
- Jack and Sally. Dress up as everyone’s favorite Halloween couple from The Nightmare Before Christmas. The Pumpkin King and his ragdoll love will be a hit at any Halloween party.
- Woody and Jessie. Team up as everyone’s favorite Toy Story Your kids should love this one, too. You could even create a family theme with them dressing up as their favorite toy characters.
- Mary Poppins and Bert. Dress up as this fun-loving pair and be sure to brush up on your singing and dancing skills.
Which of these couple costumes would you love to do? Come show off your costumes here at El Dorado Mazda.
If your kids attend school, you know how hard teachers work. May 6th is National Teacher’s Day, and when combined with the near end of the school year, this is a perfect time to show your appreciation. Since we love cars, here are some car gifts for teachers that are sure to brighten their day.
- Car wash. Get their car looking fresh and clean again with a good wash. You could either gift them with a gift certificate to a local car wash or covertly wash their car yourself while they are teaching.
- Detailing. For an even cleaner car, give them a gift certificate to get their car detailed.
- Coffee break. Many of us drink a cup of coffee while driving to work and we’re sure that teachers are no exception. Use some investigative skills and learn what their favorite coffee shop is. Get them a gift basket filled with goodies, like a gift card, new travel mug, and coffee.
- Car accessories. Give your teacher’s car a good look to see if they are missing any necessities, like a windshield sun shade or steering wheel cover. Talk to other teachers to see if they can drop some hints to give you some feedback as to what your teacher would really like.
If you are looking for some great car accessories, stop by our parts department here at El Dorado Mazda.