When preparing for the Christmas season, it’s important to invest in a quality Christmas tree that will not only last you for the entire course of the holiday, but also, that will be safe to keep inside your home. Here are some tips on how to choose a Christmas tree:
- Before you go shopping, choose a location for your potential tree, and measure the area – away from the fireplace.
- Additionally, measure your tree stand and factor in the desired width of the tree’s trunk.
- Try to find a tree that is one foot shorter than the height of the room, giving you space for an ornament on top.
- When you think you’ve found a tree that you like, run your fingers over the pine needles, and shake the tree slightly to see how many needles fall.
- Fresh trees will not lose many needles and are much safer to keep in your home. The older and dryer a tree is, the more likely it is to catch fire.
Whatever you do, take your time and be safe. And if you’re interested in checking out some of our many winter-weather-ready vehicles, contact us anytime at El Dorado Mazda.